This recipe is my mom’s. I don’t know where it originated or what modifications she made, but this recipe is delicious.
You will need:
▪ A loaf of stale bread
▪ 2 cups of milk
▪ 3 eggs
▪ Brown sugar
▪ Vanilla extract
1. Gather your ingredients. I forgot to photograph butter.
2. Whip the eggs.
3. Add the milk, vanilla extract, melted butter, and cinnamon.
4. Break up the bread and put in a bake pan.
5. Pour the mixture over the bread and press the bread down in the liquid to ensure it soaks.
6. Garnish as desired. I used almonds.
7. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes, then watch it for the next 10-15 minutes, checking it frequently. It should be light and spongy once fully baked.
8. Serve warm with cream, berries, nuts, or ice cream.