Each year on Valentine’s Day, we are surrounded by chocolates, hearts, and all things pink. There’s flowers along the storefronts, and bakers doing what they do best. Most of the time, actually having a significant other or not is irrelevant.
So, with our favourite pretentious holiday coming up around the corner, I thought I’d do a short post paying tribute to one of my life’s truest loves — FOOD.
Here are 14 Valentine’s Day recipes to enjoy… and the best thing is: they’re equally delicious if you eat them by yourself or share them with your significant other. Yay!
- For the sophisticated Valentine: Chocolate Liqueur Souffles
- For the Valentine who would prefer breakfast in bed: French Toast Waffles
- For the Valentine who is both a wine-connoisseur (debatable) and wine-lover (definite): Red Wine Cake
- For the health-conscious Valentine: Black Bean Brownies
- For the Valentine that melts your heart: Molten Mocha Cakes
- For the Valentine who knows “Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you’re gonna get,” like Forrest: Sacher Torte Heart with Truffle Top
- For the Valentine-on-the-run, who can take these mini treats to-go: Sweetheart Cupcakes
- For the light-hearted (possibly light-headed) Valentine: Meringue Love Letters
- For the recently-dECLAIRed Valentine: Chocolate Eclair Hearts
- For the POPular Valentine: Cheesecake POPs
- For the talkative Valentine: Conversation Heart Cookies
- For the cheesy Valentine: White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- For the cool Valentine: Meringue Heart Ice Cream Sandwiches
- And last but not least, this is for the one who’s still TRYing to be your Valentine: English TRY-fle (Trifle)
Happy Valentine’s Day!